Using Medical Marijuana
A person is therefore not protected from state marihuana laws if:
– he or she is not a qualifying patient.
– he or she possesses more than the statutory limit of plants and usable marihuana.
– if the medical marihuana is used in a prohibited area under the statute.
(Prohibited areas include: in a school bus; on the grounds of any preschool, primary or secondary school; in any correctional facility; on any form of public transportation; or in any public place.)
– a qualifying patient may not use their marihuana in a way that is contrary to their medical treatment
– a person may not “[o]perate, navigate or be in actual physical control of any motor vehicle, aircraft, or motorboat while under the influence of marihuana.”